Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 7:12 PM

As Korlith was tossed againt her, the Hermit let out a furious caterwaul.  Ariana!?  Who are you, to follow us here!  The neon on her body gained an ethereal glow as she flexed her claws.  This is not a place for any of human blood.  You must leave!

Furiously, she flung herself at the girl.  Her eyes were wild, yet determined, and her stance as menacing.  Her jaws were wide open, her claws reaching out in front of her, reaching for the intruder.  You cannot be here!  You will ruin it all!  There is no conquest to be sought here.  Begone!  She was angry.  Phsychopaths are dangerous when they're angry, don't you know.  And I'm sure that by this point, there is little doubt that the Hermit is a psychopath.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 7:20 PM

[center]At the mention of human blood, Ariana grimly chuckled. "I am not human, Serraptor."When the Hermit launched herself at the girl, she side-stepped the attack and began to transform. Where a girl had been a second ago was a dangerous looking Blaze Battleheart. Korlith jumped back in surprise. What was she doing? She was transforming right here? "Come and fight me, Serraptor,"Ariana's scarlet eyes narrowed. "I haven't had a fight in a long time!"

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 7:26 PM

The Hermit's eyes narrowed as the girl transformed right before her eyes.  She glanced at Korlith a moment; how did he tie in with all this?

Battleheart or no, I'm not one you want to trifle with.  Her voice was calm; and normal.  Ny rhymes plagued her speech.  Dragons tied me up; only when I steal your dreams will I be freed.  Her breath picked up, and adrenaline began pumping through her veins.  Revenge.

She attacked again; only this time, she did no physical harm to her opponent.  Instead, she reached into the little pouch around her neck and withdrew an herb by the name of restorive.  She took a bite, and the glowing of her neon parts became brighter.  If she had fur, it would have been ruffled by a breeze that flowed steadily from the ground beneath her.

You stole my name.  You stole it.  Dragons.  They took everything--you took everything.  Her nostrils flared.  I want it back.  I want everything back.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 7:54 PM

[center]Ariana laughed. The dreadful sound screeched through the land, sending shivers through the ground. "I have dealt with your kind before." Ariana growled. "If you think you can simply...destroy me so easily with your herbs, you are wrong!" The Battleheart suddenly took to the skies with her stony wings, high above the Hermits' reach. "I have more important things to do than to trifle with little lizards like you!" Her grin was not pleasent to see. "You and I have much more in common than you think. We shall meet again when I have the time and interest to challange you!" With another chuckle, the Battleheart flew off into the horizon.

Korlith cautiously looked at the Hermit. Dragons? Revenge? What was going on here? "?ätes-vous tout droit? Are you all right?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 8:00 PM

The Serraptor's eyes followed the Battleheart far as they would let her.  It was only when she was long out of sight that she seemed to remember the presence of the little Nemuwit.  She turned to him, her features downcast.

For the most part, yes.  But in a way...no.  She sighed.  There was something leaking from the neon patched on her hide.  If one were to taste then, they'd find the liquid salty.  Tears.  The Hermit was crying, in her own unique Biolune way.

I wasn't always a hermit.  I'm not a hermit.  They condemned me.  Dragons.  She paused.  But it's a long story, and we've not much time.  Whatever that Battleheart is planning to do, it can't be any good.  What do you know of her?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 8:06 PM

[center]Korlith remained silent. He was quite unsure wether to tell this Serraptor how he was involved with the Battleheart...At last, after thinking it over, the Nemuwit whispered, "Ma soeur de cet e de Battleheart...sh.
That Battleheart...she's my sister." Korlith winced as he said the simple sentance. "Elle avait l'habitude d'?™tre comme moi quand certains...mal?©diction l'ont transform?©e en ce monstre. She used to be like me when some...curse turned her into that monster." Korlith's mismatched eyes stared into the Hermit's. "Je vous ai dit ce que je sais. Me dire au sujet de votre pass?© maintenant. I have told you what I know. Tell me about your past now."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 8:19 PM

The Hermit nodded, deep in thought.  This could be more difficult than she thought.  How would she get rid of the Battleheart if she had to watch out for the little Nemuwit's emotional involvement?  Oh dear.

She took a deep breath, and held it for a moment before answering. I'm a Biolune, as you can see.  And I've always been a Dreamchaser.  All my life.  When I was younger, I was a naive Dreamchaser; I lent out my art to any who would ask.  I'd help people achieve what they wanted most; I would find them love, mend a childhood toy, warp the minds of strangers into accepting them like lifelong friends.  But I was naive.  I thought my actions would only help, not hurt.  I was wrong.

I happened upon a tribe of dragons once.  To put a long story short, I broke their leader's heart.  Since my own heart was protected from years and years of healing herbs, they instead stole something even more precious.  They stole my name.  They stole everything I neede to survive the way I was.  They dubbed me the Hermit, and stuck me in that rotten old tree.
 She paused, casting an uncertain glance at Korlith.  They said I would live a hermit's life until the day I returned the Dragons' Heart.  To this day, I have no idea what such a thing is.  The tears began seeping out again.  They took it all, and I can't get it back, because they left me with a riddle and condemned me to speak that way forever.  The Dragons' Heart you stole that night, so you'll live in darkness 'till you restore the light.  As she quoted the dragon's words, her gaze hardened, as did her voice.  They stole my name.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 8:29 PM

[center]Korlith had been intently listening and he nodded as she finished her story. "Le coeur du dragon ? Je pense que j'ai pu avoir entendu parler de cela, mon ami. Souvent nous dirions des l?©gendes ?† son sujet. Dragon's Heart? I think I may have heard of that, my friend. Often we would tell legends about it." The Nemuwit suddenly frowned. "Unfortunantly, je ne pense pas qu'il est connexe. La l?©gende ne semble aucun raisonnable. Elle parle dans les ?©nigmes. Je ne peux pas me rappeler l'en ce moment cependant... Unfortunantly, I don't think it is related. The Legend makes no sense. It speaks in riddles. I can't remember it right now though..." Korlith looked at the Hermit. "Je suppose que nous devrons travailler ensemble et sorte 'sauf monde' de, huh? I suppose we'll have to work together and 'save the world' kinda, huh?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 8:41 PM

She grinned, ever so faintly.  Yes, she said, a crooked smile stealing her features.  I suppose we will.  But first, don't you think we ought to know each other's names?  My name is ______.  I go by...the Hermit.  She cringed.  She wanted her name back.

And then, yes.  Off to save the world.  If you remember that legend at any time during our travels, please...tell me.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 9:00 PM

[center]Korlith nodded. "Et je suis Korlith, de ce que vous avez re?ßu des nouvelles ma soeur...et si je me rappelle la l?©gende je te la dirai. And I am Korlith, from what you heard from my sister...and if I do remember the legend I shall tell you it."The Nemuwit suddenly frowned. "Il y a un l?©ger probl?®me cependant : o?? devrions-nous commencer? There is a slight problem though: where should we start?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 9:11 PM

She closed her eyes; this was life.  This was why she was here.  She lived for what was about to happen.  Fishing for something in her little pouch, she emerged holding another herb.  This one was extremely small; perhaps the size of the Serraptor's eye, at most.  She handed it to Korlith.

Eat half of this herb, and then pass the rest off to me, quickly.  The herb will search your memory for a time in your life that needs mending, and transport us both there.  We will be able to change nothing, merely observe.  It's my hope that we'll find your sister there; if she's on a conquest in this land, she'll probably be searching through lost dreams as well.  She grinned encouragingly.

Just take a bite, and try not to think of anything.  Dreamland will change, become the setting of a pivotal point in your life.  You'll see yourself and I, and those who were with you at the time.  So take a bite, then pass the rest of the herb to me.  Brace yourself; you may find out something about yourself that you never wished to know.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 9:20 PM

[center]Korlith stared at the Serraptor before tentatively taking the tiny herb. It was almost impossible to believe that such a small thing had so much power. Still, he trusted the Hermit. With a deep breath, Korlith bit into half of the herb and gave it to the Hermit. It tasted rather...bitter sweet, like a memory of a birthday party that was marred by some tragic event. Almost instantly, he felt like he was falling...falling in a dark tunnel...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/06/2007 9:35 PM

Curiously, the Hermit consumed the rest of the herb, and was immediately pulled into the same sensation as Korlith.  What would await them, deep inside the little thing's memory?  Anticipation ws running through her veins.  This was what she was made to do.  She was a Dreamchaser again.

[[ Make up whatever you want for the herby-thing.  Something with his backstory perhaps, or whatever.  This next part is entirely up to you; Korlith's your character, and I have no idea what his life was like.  Be creative! 8D ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/07/2007 4:55 PM

[center]Where were they? Korlith landed in an unfamiliar, yet familiar scene. Gentle flowing hills rose and fell in the horizon. Meadows gracefully bended to the soft breezes. The Nemuwit blinked. He had never been here before, but this place seemed so familiar...
Off in the distance were two humans, a boy and a girl their peals of laughter resounding through the valley. Even from a great distance, Korlith could tell that they were very close to each other. Anxiously, he looked for his sister. So far there was no sign of her.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/07/2007 5:41 PM

As the scene became solid, the Hermit looked around her in bewilderement.  They weer in a field, it seemed, surrounded by flowing hills and hearth.  A little ways off, the Hermit saw a pair of humans.

Where are we? she asked Korlith.  This scene certainly looked promising.  Mind if we eavesdrop a little?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext